Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

QOL cat! The cat that improves quality of life!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#26 Syll

Syll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationNorthumberland, UK

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:41 PM

Other options for Sidhe theif class would be nice

Also a better item with improved invis for lower levels instead of a wiz cloak or HSA (Haven't seen one in years)

Increasing XP cap would be great (As others have already mentioned) as theres not exactly a huge number of people forming up these days!

#27 Cordarei

Cordarei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:30 AM

Granting Paladins the option of being good or evil, having the spells that alter their alignment naturally instead trend their alignment towards what they already are. Alter the effects of spells appropriately, and grant them the spell "protection from good".

Actually...roll the protection spells into one spell as well, with the affect granted handled like Pentacle.

#28 Dyalot

Dyalot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:47 PM

Ok. Since there's now a 40min delay after every quest request, it would be really nice if i didn't get handed lame metaphases that i dont need for metaquests i've already done. Especially given their petty rewards (20qp? rly?)

#29 Fluke

Fluke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:12 AM

Providing Psionics and Druids a form of detect illusion would improve QoL. I believe it has been mentioned before "etheral invocation" or something along those lines and "sensory manipulation", etc. Several of the bosses coming out, as well as, older runs require a form of detect illusion and all the other casters except for psi, druid, bard and pally get detect illusion; making this spell universal would not affect balance. Merely drafting the spell in a similiar fashion to the theme of the spell types would also boost RP.

#30 Lantis

Lantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:01 AM

I think that with the introduction of the change to add a penalty for clan with large root hoards, that the change to make hellbent demons block the way through the moat should be removed.

Also, I agree with the suggestions about formation positions being swapped without removing someone from form if the form is full, and the suggestion to make jungles without no exit/impassable areas.

Additionally, I would like to be able make a change to my house to change which room is linked to the outside. This would facilitate easier home expansion when players add rooms to their existing homes. For instance, if I start with a room that has a one room house description/title, and add an additional room for a front yard, it doesn't necessarily make sense for the realty area to still be linking to the house room, instead of the yard room. Yes, I could change all the room descriptions and titles, but that is a lot of work and BP.

#31 Syll

Syll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationNorthumberland, UK

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:01 AM

I think it would help if there was some sort of immortal response to these ideas so it doesn't seem like wasting time

#32 Fluke

Fluke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:37 AM

A timer that begins upon login to issue the daily quest, like hunters take a few then pop. I have lost a few dailies because I login to say howdy and leave and lose the damn thing for the whole day.

#33 Fluke

Fluke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:13 AM

With all of the changes to relics that are being considered, why not introduce a system to use roots (on hand or a separate player account similiar to class depo) to purchase fragmented artifacts or dusty relics? This change could help with the root inflation and get players back into pg, I for one, enjoy pg. Many scatters, a few marks, a few bosses, a plethora of betters! I do not feel that this will short change clans or penalize clans that have active "rooters" amongst their ranks, as these players are interested in relics but just to offset any discouragement, how about a transfer to clan depos from the player accounts?

#34 Ithilwen

Ithilwen

[Clan 52] Diversity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationRune Estates West

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

Please, please, please consider re-adding the list of trainers to skill and spell help files. I speak as a Guide and as a player. It was very helpful to have (even if it was only for a short time), and I don't see the drawbacks to having it again.

Posted Image

MISTRESS OF SYMPHONIES • MOON MAIDEN • OWNER OF CLAN DIVERSITY

Model: Valentina Kallias, Artwork: Ithilwen

#35 Fluke

Fluke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:01 AM

Have the donation item "a deck of tarot cards" matter. When drawing a card, the card revealed gives an effect to the player that lasts for 30-60 real life minutes (arguable amount of time). This effect can and will be positive or negative based on the card drawn and whether or not the card is reversed.

For example:
You draw a card from a deck of tarot cards and turn it over, revealing the Ten of Pentacles card.
You sense that this card means: Emotional and financial stability. Family fortunes, inheritance and prosperity that has been built up and handed down over the generations. The formation of family tradition. This card may indicated good fortune regarding a dowry.
This card could increases the players ability to receive gold from npc drops, gold from npc's below the players level (like when we use to kill vospire city guards to pay for the mad mole) or increased rewards from the gambling den. Had the card been in reverse it would have the opposite effect (less moneys gained).
Another example would be:

You draw a card from a deck of tarot cards and turn it over, revealing the High Priestess Reversed card.
You sense that this card means: Lack of personal harmony and problems resulting from a lack of foresight. Suppression of the feminine or intuitive side of the personality. Facile and surface knowledge. repression and ignorance of true facts and feelings. In women, an inability to come to terms with other women or themselves. Things and circumstances are not what they seem.
This card would lower the player's personality by an amount of -1 to -3, i am not that great at balance but i believe that the potential is there.
A final example (and what really makes this idea worthwhile):
You draw a card from a deck of tarot cards and turn it over, revealing the Seven of Wands card.
You sense that this card means: Successful advancement. A time of great opportunity requiring much skill, courage and determination in order to succeed. Strength of nerve, great fortitude and courage in the face of hardship. An indication that success may be achieved through sustained effort. Indicates strong and powerful competition. This card would increase the player's stat(s), either an increase in agility of +3 or an increase of +1 courage, +1 strength and +1 agility.

The kicker to this whole idea is that these effects would increase the player's stat(s) above the 25 cap. So an ogre archon would have 26/25 strength for 30 to 60 real life minutes. The effect would be unremoveable much like the existential horror debuff. I feel that this change would add some flavor to an already existing item in the game and would not be that overpowering as the chance to draw a beneficial card is balanced by the chance to draw a negative one. But i say again, i truly feel that player maxes should be able to be exceeded with this item to really increase the interest and i also feel that there should really only be an increase of +2 past the 25 cap.

#36 Cordarei

Cordarei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:32 AM

That reminds me...why are stats limited to a maximum of 25 again? Why not allow racial stats to be whatever they could be if unhampered by that limitation (unless of course that limit has a good reason)

#37 Fluke

Fluke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:52 PM

A QoL for this game would be to put a timer on items that refresh daily like puzzles or pulsars. Consider the following:

You focus your powers of observation on a luminous miniature pulsar:
Item 'a luminous miniature pulsar' is type artifact, alignment 0, made of energy (in (new) condition),
has keywords 'small luminous miniature pulsar rewardunits donation ru'.
This item weighs 0 stones and 10 pebbles, and is valued at 20,250 gold.
This level 194 item has the attributes: identified no-sac donation owner-only insulated nodecay level-adjusted
When obtained/equipped this will adjust to 80% of the bearer's level.
Has 2 of 3 total charges per day of level 241 spell 'arcane shield'.
*This item belongs to Fluke.
This miniature pulsar looks like one of the myriad celestial bodies that
escaped from the bag of infinite depth, yep rather than having fallen into
space or being snapped up by one of the many individuals vested in
possession of such items, it has ended up with you. It is clearly of
immense power and heat, yet it is magically able to be held even without
gloves. Its curious, random-seeming behavior is off-putting, but it may
also be beneficial.

+++ a luminous miniature pulsar has a chance, at Alyrian midnight, to
alter its behavior to mimic one of several random spells, at a rate of 25%
per midnight.

+++ Luminous items were active and available between September 1st, 2011
and October 31st, 2011.

The string above would have a timer showing how long until system time the item resets. Yes this is a minute detail but instead of having to alt tab out of game or constantly checking time, simply looking at an item to see when it refreshes would be quite useful.

#38 Hoopadoop

Hoopadoop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:22 AM

The ability to request multiple quests enabled again.

Ranger having a frost debuff in place of ice ball, similar to fireball and lightning bolt trade outs.

More in game obtainable alternatives to key donation items.

Happiness.

More rainbow unicorns and their apples.

A random week long global.

Duende deserves a raise.

Satina deserves a promotion.

More happiness.

Less trolls.

#39 Xysa

Xysa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:25 AM

Ranger having a frost debuff in place of ice ball, similar to fireball and lightning bolt trade outs.

Please, no... :( Iceball is about the only decent damage spell remaining (if you don't have Ice Wind).
Sure, the ability to reduce resistance to fire/acid/frost/etc, is great, but for the most part only useful in long fights such as bosses.

By the time you've hit the spell ~5 times to actually do any damage, the mobs are already dead :)

One thing I'd like to see reversed is the dig/search change. It's just frustrating. Just make them a single command as before, and let them be spammable :)

#40 Toothgnasher

Toothgnasher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:57 PM

Give ranger meditation. The meditation skill is so powerful that a path without it is near unplayable. I've known a few people who just quit playing their characters when they ended up with no meditation.

#41 Thror

Thror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:27 PM

Will the toy soldier boosting donation items ever be made available again? I was sad to learn that I had missed that opportunity.

#42 Hoopadoop

Hoopadoop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:47 PM

Ranger receives the frost spell and can throw cause light herbal mixtures. Not to mention they are granted kick and color spray. Ice wind seems nice, but expensive on every front.

It rather certainly would be nice, allowing limited edition donations a second wind. Barring relics, naturally.

On a side note, will there potentially ever be upgrades to the other toy NPC's?

#43 Guest_fauster_*

Guest_fauster_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:21 PM

Make an effort to even out the fighter classes so that over 50% of active players choose something other than valkyrie.

#44 Guest_Ledatic_*

Guest_Ledatic_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:23 PM

Favor's of Nezak should work similar to these erotic pages and allow you to quest request a specific type of quest from him as well. Mainly just for epic quests since that's all he really has other than the regular ones.

#45 Dyalot

Dyalot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:13 PM

I would really like it if there were a way to cancel an orc pursuer quest. (Although I do like it that they don't -automatically- time out now...)

Even if it had some kind of penalty. Like a really extended cooldown before you could get another. 24 hours or more even.

#46 Castlelandd

Castlelandd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:46 PM

Favor's of Nezak should work similar to these erotic pages and allow you to quest request a specific type of quest from him as well. Mainly just for epic quests since that's all he really has other than the regular ones.

So you mean Daedal scrolls

#47 Thror

Thror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:08 PM

I am not trying to belabor the point, if this has been addressed by admin already or examined because of a prior post, but:

Pustulate has a FIVE SECOND cast time. In addition to this cast time, which makes it unusable in combat, it has a 90 second cooldown after 2 uses. In addition to this cooldown, the spell cannot be cast at all if the target is not, for example, plagued. If the target IS plagued, the spell will consume some of the plague duration ticks. As a final consideration, although the disease damage is very unique and interesting, a large number of NPCs and players are resistant to this damage type.

Obtaining this spell requires archon level 120, killing a semi-rare mob for the scroll, solo-killing an extremely tedious CPK solo-fight mob on Verity Isle (and doing so two times at very long time intervals due to limited practice offerings for training), at a practice rate of 6.7 practices per skill point.

Suffice it to say I think the spell should be readjusted. At the very least the spell cast time should be made to 4 seconds, and if the cooldown is kept in place the damage should be upped A LOT. Alternatively, keep the damage as is but remove the spell cool down. In truth though, I don't really care how admin decides to balance the spell, I just think the spell took a nerf bat to the face when nothing of the sort was needed, given the common resistance of the damage type, the consumption of plague ticks, and the variable part of the spell related to whether it procced a physical reaction. I would agree the no-reagent cost of the spell was too powerful, and that had to be tweaked, but the current status of the spell went way, way too far.

Sorry for the rant.

#48 Romus

Romus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

Make decanters satisfy hunger again

#49 Hoffer

Hoffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:28 PM

The mere presence of this topic leads me to believe the immortals are interested in improving the quality of life of the players. This assumption seems completely contradictory to some of the changes that came through in this week's reboot:

1) No longer have the option for crystal quests to raise/lower alignment. I'm really puzzled by this one. Why spend time adding functionality like this and then remove it? Changing alignment is already tedious enough. If +/-30 alignment was too much of a reward, why not just lower that number instead of removing it entirely? This change is promoting mindless grinding of low level mobs to change alignment. It feels like 90% or more of the bosses in game are evil, which means every new boss kill I'll need to slaughter Rahdiyr mobs for a hour or two.

2) The Wroth portal now seems to only allow one person to use it every repop. The portal was a really, really nice QoL transportation method in the game and it was gutted pretty harshly. Can it at least be changed to transport the entire formation rather than just one person? I don't see a problem with the way it was, but if you don't want players relying on it to get to the underground why not just remove that destination and leave the others?

3) Fountains no longer satisfy hunger...personally it doesn't bother me that much, but this is definitely a QoL downgrade. I'm guessing there is a bigger picture reason for this change that the players are not aware of.

4) Searching and digging...searching and digging...it takes forever. Even with maxed knowledge and perception skill it takes forever. No one enjoys sitting in a room typing "search" every 15 seconds for minutes on end.

5) Orc pursuer targets have no timer and to my knowledge do not reset on reboot? I know I'm not the only one stuck on a ridiculous target that I'd love a way to get rid of. Why get rid of the timer? I get that 30 minutes like crystals is probably too short, but how about 24 hours?

These are just the items that immediately come to mind. Everyone I've talked to since reboot has been pretty bummed out and confused about some of the changes that were made. There are now two large threads on the forums with suggested QoL improvements and bug fixes. Hopefully these responses are taken into considering for future changes to the game. I don't want to be too critical, but I just fail to see how changes like these are meant to a) keep the current players base happy, and B) attract new players. Just my 2 cents...