Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Dang, what happened to MM!?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Beefking

Beefking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:42 PM

I was thinking about getting back into MM, but I've logged in a few times over the last few weeks and the place is a barren wasteland. I've played off and on for quite a while and several years ago when I was playing a lot, there seemed to be around 100 people online at any given time. It appears now that there's generally less than 50 and most of those are idling in social. What the heck happened?

#2 Bibo

Bibo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:24 PM

Depends what you're interested in I guess. I just started playing again and everything has still been fun. It's quieter than it was before, and there doesn't seem to be much buying/selling, but everything still works fine and you can mess around. Still a fun game.

#3 Ithilwen

Ithilwen

[Clan 52] Diversity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationRune Estates West

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:47 PM

Just gotta say Beefking, people are still playing, and some of those people (me) would love to see you around again. It's so nice to 'see' you, so I hope to catch you in game sometime! 

• Gwyllt likes this

Posted Image

MISTRESS OF SYMPHONIES • MOON MAIDEN • OWNER OF CLAN DIVERSITY

Model: Valentina Kallias, Artwork: Ithilwen

#4 Borask

Borask

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:24 AM

I honestly enjoy the game more now than I did previously, but the social aspect of it was never that imporant to me.  Now it's more of a single player experience, and although at end game that restricts what can be done, I still prefer it.  

#5 Iyce

Iyce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:00 AM

I played heavily and was completely addicted from 1998 to around 2005 when I got more into WoW and MUDS were dying. Still played from time to time up until around 2008 and then just stopped. Doesn't seem worth it with the player base all but dead. Even back in 2008 or so most players were just social campers. I look back on MM with amazing memories but at some point you have to cut your losses. Oh, I was always "Realm" btw if any old schooler remembers me.