Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

My username was changed in the forums

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Elaqondu

Elaqondu

now Elaqondu in-game, seeking clans to apply to

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMaine in real-wold, mostly Xaventry in-game, now in Tellerium

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:07 PM

My username was changed in the forums from PatrickYorkinMaine to Elaqondu, which is my current character's name in-game (a sidhe priest, now a novice in Lasler) but I had not done anything to link my character account to my forum account except use the same email address.  I would prefer to keep PatrickYorkinMaine if possible to make it easier to find others locally interested in the game.  What if I delete my character for some reason and start another character, which I have already done once?  What forum username would I use then?

More importantly, it was my understanding that the ability to change a username is a matter of account security.  If I had recieved a message saying I needed to change my username in the forum for reasons of roleplaying standards, I would have complied on my own.

Elaqondu's player is Patrick York, heavily bearded, in Montville, Maine, near the central coast.  I am seeking others in Maine who play the game.  Also, I would like to volunteer for the website.

My current character is Elaqondu a sidhe priest, now level 401 in tellerium, as of Sept 21, 2017.  I expect to be in Xaventry frequently.

I am now in clan Tweaked.

More importantly, I would like to volunteer as a programmer with Materia Magica, probably as a front-end web designer for the game website.  For now I am building a fansite which I am not yet ready to publish.

#2 Iyara

Iyara

Keeper of Lists

• Admins
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:03 PM

Forum accounts must use the name of an in-game character that belongs to you.  If you wish to use a different character's name, let me know and we will look at making a change.

We strongly discourage making real names and locations public.  This forum does not require a login to view, only to post, so your personal information is publicly and openly available if you post it here.

I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it.

#3 Elaqondu

Elaqondu

now Elaqondu in-game, seeking clans to apply to

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMaine in real-wold, mostly Xaventry in-game, now in Tellerium

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:49 AM

OOC: Thank you, Lyara.  I will keep that in mind, that is, to remain in character in the forum as much as possible, or use "OOC" to indicate otherwise.

Incidentally, I would like to volunteer for the Materia Magica ("MM") website to help build my web development portfolio.  I am not good at this point with databases at this point (my MySQL is a little spotty right now) but there is a lot that can be done on the front end.  For example, the last time I looked, there were few if any links to helpfiles on the site, for command words, area maps, and the like.  I also plan to build a fan site at http://www,muddingma....atwebpages.com, which will include dynamic area maps, or  "street maps" as they are called at http://www.annwn.info.

You will be able to duplicate my material by just downloading it.

If you accept my volunteer help, we can talk about the styles then.  Until then, I'll work on building my site, if slowly.

I WOULD like to be able to list my site on the MM links page once it is ready, say 10 pages or so, with a reciprocal link of course.  It IS an MM fansite.

Elaqondu's player is Patrick York, heavily bearded, in Montville, Maine, near the central coast.  I am seeking others in Maine who play the game.  Also, I would like to volunteer for the website.

My current character is Elaqondu a sidhe priest, now level 401 in tellerium, as of Sept 21, 2017.  I expect to be in Xaventry frequently.

I am now in clan Tweaked.

More importantly, I would like to volunteer as a programmer with Materia Magica, probably as a front-end web designer for the game website.  For now I am building a fansite which I am not yet ready to publish.