Updating your updater (for the MM MUSHclient package)
Because of the changes to room ID's and some other changes to plugins in the MM MUSHclient package, if you have not recently updated your plugins you probably have a version too old to be updated without manual intervention. To update your Plugin Updater, follow these steps:
1. Close MUSHclient.
2. Download the new version of plugins_updater_v2.xml from plugins_updater_v2 on GitHub. (depending on your system you may need to right click and choose 'save as' to download this as a file)
3. In MUSHclient/worlds/plugins/MM replace the old plugins_updater_v2.xml with the new version you just downloaded.
3a. You can delete the even older plugins_updater.xml file, if you like.
4. Open MUSHclient, and click (or type) "update plugins lastlist"
5. Let the plugin(s) update, then save (control-s) and close MUSH.
6. Reopen MUSH, click or type "update plugins lastlist" again, and more plugins will update.
7. Save MUSH again and you are done!
Some Other Changes
- To get the mapper find command to work, you may need to run the command "mapper rebuild lookup". Be sure you are not in the wilds and that the mapper is initialized by doing look several times. If the plugin errors you will have to close and reopen it to try again.
- If you don't like the mapper announcing changes to the room database, you can use "mapper show database mods off" to turn the messages off. The mapper will continue to record new rooms and changes to rooms, you just won't be notified.
If you have any questions or problems with these processes, feel free to ask in this thread, or pray in-game or email email@example.com.