Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Who invented Herbalism in the Materiamagica universe? Was it the Druids?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vronk

Vronk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 11:22 AM

Kind of have a question in my mind as I was looking over herbalism and wondered who invented Herbalism in game? First thing that popped into my mind was the Druids could have possibly invented Herbalism because of the nature with nature and say sprigs. This also kind of makes sense for Ranger having Herbalism with there ties to nature. Another possibility the Monks may have created herbalism and could possibly came up with herbalism studying the Druids to create herbalism. Problem with this is why do the Druids not make use of Herbalism. Is there any Materiamagica Canon about this subject? 

#2 Vronk

Vronk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 03:59 PM

Could it be possible that Herbalism was invented by a very skilled unnamed disgruntle Druid who did not share his new skills with the other Druids but shared it with a few of his friends, one a Monk who admired natural things and another a Ranger in touch with nature. They studied the different sprigs and how to combine and grind them in a mortar for special affects. There is still much more to be learnt about different affects. The unnamed Druid may have discovered how to generate certain invocation and evocations though herbology as well as Ranger and Monk abilities? It is not known how far herbology can go.