Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Tellerium quests

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 Darkshadow

Darkshadow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 July 2000 - 09:18 AM

The quests in Tellerium are getting very negligible rewards for quests for 1st classers, can you make new quests that are harder for 1st classers so you can put in larger rewards? Everyone in Tellerium will thank you dearly.

Darkshadow, the Servent in training for Mordred.

#2 Tesai

Tesai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2000 - 09:28 AM

Yes, Tellerium quests as of late have been made fairly crappy as far as rewards. I would propose the following 2 suggestions. 1. Lower leveling practices and double questing rewards practices. 2. Keep everything the was it is and just lower the time on the quest timer. 3. Just put quest rewards back to the way they were. Thank you for taking your time to read this.

#3 Guest_algojo_*

Guest_algojo_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2000 - 09:48 AM

I agree with Tesai and Darkshadow. It's so much harder to quest now and at the same time the rewards for questing has been cut half. I recommend using the same quest to stop botters but at the same time increase the rewards for these quests. Besides that, can u guys make NPC repop faster coz it's taking ages for them to repop now

#4 Demonblood

Demonblood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 July 2000 - 09:49 AM

I agree with Darkshadow and Tesai, the quests have become rather unrewarding for the amount of time we must wait between quests, and the time taken to quest. If you will not change the quests, please half the quest time wait from 80 minutes to 40 minutes, so we can quest more often to make up the difference in rewards.

#5 Guest_nocluegrl_*

Guest_nocluegrl_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2000 - 09:58 AM

i am one of the first classers and all i get in tellerium are quests that give maybe 17-26 quest points and mostly 6k experience points. and i would really like to get harder quests, ones that we are capable of doing. thanks.
nocluegrl

#6 Guest_natsuki_*

Guest_natsuki_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2000 - 10:15 AM

Yep, i agree with the rest. It will be better if we can keep the quest like it used to be. Can we request for the mobs to re-spawn at a faster rate? It'll certainly bring us a benefit. Thanx alot!!

#7 Guest_psii_*

Guest_psii_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2000 - 10:23 AM

I agree wholeheartedly with Darkshadow. The current quests offered by Lord Tellerium reward very little to the questing player, sometimes only 14 quest points and 1 practice for a 5-phase operation. Revisions should be made so as to either (1) increase rewards for a completed quest (2) shorten the suspension period between quest requests or (3) decrease the overall experience points needed to level.

#8 Thorgor

Thorgor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 July 2000 - 11:27 AM

As far as I know the quests have been modified to encourage multiclassing. To learn new skills costs you only 1 or 2 pracs per 1% as a first classer. With the amount of practices per level doubled you should have enough practices in your first class to max 5 or 6 skills and spend some pracs on your stats. (With 17 widom I get 15 pracs per level in my second class, I have heard from other charakters that they get more then 20 pracs per class giving you between 900 and 1200 pracs from leveling) When you multi the quests are getting more difficult and challenging and the rewards are higher. I am level 110 and I get 4 pracs for most tellerium quests. So if you want to get more for questing just multi. I hope there will be even more challenging quests in my third class :).

Oh and thanks Amorata that you take so much care of questers!!!

I have one more suggestion for quests: Right now I am getting a lot of quests that go from level 60 to 240 in tellerium. This quests are ok to me now but I would like to get more challenging quests as a third or fourth classer. Could you change the level restriction to level 60 to 120 or something like that? The same goes for quests that go from level 30 to 120, ...

#9 Guest_faelondev_*

Guest_faelondev_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2000 - 11:54 AM

I think that the time in between quests is far to long for the rewards that we get. I would like to see more rewarding/difficult quests for 1st classers.

#10 Rick

Rick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2000 - 12:19 PM

Well I certainly want more for completeing the 1st class quests in Tellerium, and I guess if it meant doing harder quests, then I certainly would.

#11 Strength

Strength

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2000 - 12:28 PM

Harder quests for more gains. Alright I'll bite. It sounds like a fair deal. I just don't want this to disturb my normal play in Tellerium.

#12 Ungrim

Ungrim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 July 2000 - 03:02 PM

No offence to any of you people, but I think yous have the wrong idea of why the quest rewards were changed. The idea is so you will level to get the harder quests with the better rewards, not stay low level and power quest. This great move has combated the awful plague of power questers that had almost overrun out fair land, and I salute the immortals for the move.

Ungrim

#13 Darkshadow

Darkshadow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 July 2000 - 12:40 PM

Of course, Ungrim, your a second classer. You don't know what we have to go through. How are we suppose to defend overselves against people who do power quest, unless we do ourselves? my alt is a level 111 that hardly quested and he can't stand up to anyone his own level. Also you have the botters to deal with, they don't care if the rewards are lowered, they still wil bot all day if they have to and gain an advantage over everyone their own level.

#14 Ungrim

Ungrim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 July 2000 - 06:34 PM

Just thought I would point out that I'm a 3rd classer, but don't worry about it.
I still think your missing the point, I have worked hard to get to that level, I have not sat at level 60 and quested like a mad man on easy quests, i have leveled as well as quested. I multied when I got to 60 and again at 120, and will do the same at 180. I did not sit at either for ages and power quest. What you don't like about the change is the easy system that you have been able to exploit for so long is now gone, and a more fair system has come in, where you will get rewards suitable to your level.

Ungrim

#15 Abelbert

Abelbert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 July 2000 - 10:29 PM

Erm... what's wrong with power questing? *scratch*

Abelbert

#16 Darkshadow

Darkshadow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 July 2000 - 04:48 AM

well, Ungrim, i'm not level 60, I'm level 38. And i don't plan on sitting on level 60 like you said, at around level 50, i'll get my eq ready, and at 55, i'll head off to verity isle to get tourms, like everyone else, after that i might come back to Tellerium, or go somewhere else.

#17 Guest_sveth_*

Guest_sveth_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2000 - 05:17 AM

Hey all, guess I need to chime in and tell you to shut up.

Questing is a way of life now, yes, but not as much as it was a few weeks ago. With the number of practices you get from leveling increased you don't need as many practices from questing. If you are doing so much questing that the 600 some extra practices you'll be getting from level 1-60 won't make up for it you have more work cut out for you than I (who will be multiing soonish, finnally).

The point of the change was to cause exactly what you are complaining about now: remove the advantage of low level power questing. Think about it, you get less practices now for questing at lower levels but need more practicse to increase stuff at higher levels. Thats compounds to make staying low level to buy stuff you can't practice yet a waste of time and energy (which was part of the point).

Furthermore, it makes it so gaining levels quickly doesn't screw you totally down the road. Somebody mentioned that they did that and couldn't recover later. Well, now thats not nearly as true. Sure, perhaps it was 'unfair' to make the switch, since it hurts those who want to power quest now instead of before, but the game isn't designed with being fair *right now* in mind, its designed with a bit more of a long term approach. There were alot of people hurt by the 4.0 implementation, and now there are people that will suffer from the change to questing. Deal with it, since we're all in the same boat. Whining will not be tolerated (and I can get away with making ambiguous threats to the lot of you since you're all first classers. Go level and multi and I have to watch my words a little bit more).

Sveth
Arrogant 2cd Classer of Tellerium

#18 Raistlin

Raistlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 15 July 2000 - 05:57 AM

Actually, Sveth, if a 1st classer does it right, and maxxes wisdom to get the most practices available per lvl, then by level 60, if you don't spend any pracs, you should be able to get 1200 pracs.. 20-ish pracs per lvl, * 60 levels, = roughly 1200 depending on how lucky you are :P

#19 Guest_sveth_*

Guest_sveth_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2000 - 06:14 AM

I know that, but I was saying *extra* practices, not absolute. You used to get only ~600, now you get double that, hence 600 more.

Sveth
(and you never did pay me back that 30K for tourms...)

#20 Darkshadow

Darkshadow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 July 2000 - 04:31 AM

Sveth, I'm not asking to put things the back to the way they were, i'm asking for more difficult quests so we can work for those rewards. We first classers have things that we have to get and work up too, such as quest items to save up for, and skills and stats to work up on. I'm a level 39, and i have all but courage maxed for stats, and dodge and sword at 75%. I'm working on raising fast healing now. Some skills i need worked up are going to take QUITE a few pracs to work up (atleast 2 per 1%), such as bash, second attack, third attack, enhanced damage, and some others, all of which haven't been touched yet. After training your stats up, it doesn't leave much left for skills. WITH the help of questing, i was satisfied with my stats at level 34 or 35. Without, i probably would be at level 60 before i was satisfied with my stats, and i would't have ANY left over for skills.

#21 Gomar

Gomar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 July 2000 - 05:00 AM

That post there has just confirmed that the change was a good one. You're attempting to make a 'super character', and using questing as a way to get around Vass' other implementations (eg, the increased practice per % cost). I'm not sure I knew of anyone in 3.2 who could say they had their stats maxed at level 34.. and you're saying that's -expected- of you? And "At least 2 pracs per %". That's pretty dang lucky, any of my skills take east least 4 pracs per %, the higher ones will take 5, etc. If I quest in rune, I admit I can get a quest that gives 10 practices. Good luck in actually -getting- a quest, though, at my level (In rune at least, Maldra gives out a few quests at the moment). You're not supposed to use questing as a way to get all your stats, skills, spells etc maxed before you hit level 45.

-Gomar

#22 Darkshadow

Darkshadow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 July 2000 - 05:13 AM

Well, my alt hardly ever quested, and he gets the snot beat out of him everytime! He can't stand his own against anyone his own level, and he's level 111! How am i suppose to keep from doing that again?

#23 Gomar

Gomar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 July 2000 - 05:55 AM

Do exactly what Vassago wants you to do. Choose your skills/spells carefully. Are you going to practice "Change Sex", or "Cure Critical"? Are you going to practice "Enhanced Damage", or "Dodge"? This is what is going to make your character unique, and the way you fight will be different from anyone else.

-Gomar

#24 Darkshadow

Darkshadow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 July 2000 - 10:44 AM

I have several things to say to you Gomar. 1) You don't quest in Tellerium, so it shouldn't bother you. 2) Your a not a first classer, so it doesn't pertain to you. 3) I'm not asking for the quests to go back to the way it was, I'm asking for more difficult quests for first classers so we can earn larger rewards. We also have to plan to get quest items too, so why not start saving up now? Have you noticed that the first classers have all agreed with me, and only 2nd, 3rd, and 4th classers only have a problem? Only one word comes to mind when i think of it, jealousy!

#25 Gomar

Gomar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 July 2000 - 08:58 PM

That was a completely useless post, Darkshadow. Now you're telling me my points are not valid because I'm not first class and questing in Tellerium? You're right, I'm not first class and I cant even find the quest master in Tellerium (Dang place confuses me without track), but I still have to go through the same thing you do. If I quest in rune, I barely ever get a quest. If I quest in Maldra, the rewards arent so good, and I cant do half of the quests because I havent explored the place enough. And I have to work on a few cures I want to get usable, and train my hp.. You're trying to get in front of everyone else before you're even their level. The best thing you can do, is level and then take the harder quests. Second and third class questing isnt so bad, get a quest most of the time and if you're in the right place, decent rewards. And you'll also get the practices from the levelling. I can understand why before you wouldnt want to level, easier quests at your level for the same rewards. Now, you're asking for harder quests so you can get better rewards. Well, I say you get to a higher level so then you can get them yourself. And I also think it's very.. suspicious, that all the first classers who replied on this thread have never said anything on the message board before... ;P

-Gomar