Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

The way quests are now SUCKS!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#1 Realm

Realm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 01:54 AM

First of all I think I speak for EVERYBODY when I say the wait period between quests is WAY to long, And second..I think there should be unlimited quests, Now I dunno about anyone else but I for one am SICK of getting turned down left and damn right..When I ask for a quest I expect to get one...This is crap !..We play MM to escape real life but more and more your turning this game into RL ! too much change is bad.

#2 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 01:56 AM

You don't speak for me.

The waits between quests are fine.

Refusals are a little high in some places, but if you don't like it go somewhere else.

MM IS RL :P

#3 Guest_yamanotori_*

Guest_yamanotori_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2001 - 02:42 AM

The quest rules have hit me really hard! I dont like them! I am constantly cursing Lord Agrippa! But though I hate it I have to admit those rules make the game better.

You admins do a great job - *thanks*

/yama no tori
bird of the mountains

#4 Botanicus

Botanicus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 02:57 AM

simple solution to one of the problems. if you are being refused, write more quests for your class range. it isn't hard. personally i don't get refused much, part of it though is area. a first classer could spam 'quest request' till hedies or the server disconnects in maldras and not get a quest simply because THERE AREN'T ANY.

the timer seems a little high, but it's high enough i can think about what i will spend pracs on, do a math problem or 2, reply to your message... etc etc.

~Bot

#5 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 03:04 AM

Who remembers the old timer? This timer is next to nothing :P

Besides, think about it. If there were no refusals and no timer you'd pop off 5 quests in under 30 minutes and then what would you do? You'd be forced to go out and explore or level or something, god forbid.

#6 Helmsley

Helmsley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2830 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 03:06 AM

write more quests? i wrote a couple of 2nd class sigil quests to the admins but there are no replies. if they are rejected, at least they could notify me?

#7 Herculoid

Herculoid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 03:13 AM

Yo Scrooge, got Crackers? I finished mine =P

#8 Zaeren

Zaeren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 06:10 AM

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with this total stranger although maybe not to the same extreme. Has anyone noticed since the quest limit/6 hour timer began there's been hardly anything but complaints and whining on the message board?
Unlimited questing made everyone very happy, now everyone is cranky, irritable and bitchy. And please, spare me the excuse of 'go out and explore between quests' I have, and to be honest, i've been to them all, you can also save me the 'new areas are opening soon' drivel as well since that's been the case for the last 2 years since I started playing MM.
'In real life you would only get one quest a day instead of 5' well guess what kiddies, this ain't real life, it's a GAME, an online text based high fantasy game where people from all walks of life and countries around the world come to enjoy themselves and escape the everyday expectations that IS real life...but heaven forbid that anyone should have fun while playing.
Only 5 quests for you in 6 hours, if you have more than 2 hours to spend on line you're SoL. Go explore areas you've been in hundreds of times, maybe you'll find that elusive pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Right.
I come here to PLAY, not be told I can't do what I've always done because the game isn't realistic enough. Open as many areas as you want to, most of them are for 4th classers/Archons anyway. I spend my time online questing (well, waiting for quests) and talking with friends, my life isn't devoted to PK like 90% of the playerbase. Forgive me if I seem a little upset or disappointed, I continue to play only with the hope that someone will somehow correct or rectify this major change.
If not unlimited questing change the number of quests to 10 and the timer to 3 hours, or some variation on the theme. I'm sure there's more than one way to help along the game without completely restricting players and forcing them to do something other than what they enjoy.

- Z.

#9 Guest_frixion_*

Guest_frixion_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2001 - 06:21 AM

My suggestion would be unlimited questing, with the length of time allowed for the quest coinciding with the time the next quest would be made available. There are areas I need to explore. But to come beck from Hellbent, and only have another half hour to go back and look around there before my next quest is available, makes that rather difficult. If a new quest were available after the time on the quest was up, it would allow those with the cajones to risk losing their quest, time to explore during, without being concerned about increasing the wait for the next one.

#10 Guest_frixion_*

Guest_frixion_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2001 - 06:25 AM

As an afterthought... going back to unlimited questing would also force a compromise between eq runs and questing. Which I see as another benefit of that system.

#11 Zaeren

Zaeren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 06:34 AM

Good point on the second post, the quest limit is making more time for Archons/4th classers to make runs on EQ, so what did Vassago do? He made a 5-6 hour timer between big mob repops to reduce the amount of EQ readily available.
Unlimited questing would reduce the amount of 'free time' people have to flood the market with insane amounts of high level EQ.

- Z.

#12 Guest_giller_*

Guest_giller_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2001 - 07:11 AM

i think the quest limit is good. though it seems a bit low for lower levels. As a 240 however, it is mostly okay, the only problem is like once or twice a week i hit the barrier, but it is rare and then the timer resets in like an hour anyway, unless i been questing in sigil and then i usually max the limit fast...my solution would be for higher characters to go to agrippa or vashir. their quests take time to do and are rather entertaining, unless your lazy and don't like walking that much...in which case too bad for you,

#13 Guest_shadeair_*

Guest_shadeair_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2001 - 07:37 AM

I ve been playing mm for a long time. I can even remember Decanter of endless water were only 2000 qp. Now they are 6500. This new quest timer really ticks me off. And for those of you who have net me, know that thats not easy to do. Im usually a pretty laid back guy. VASSAGO, IM BEGGING YOU REMOVE THIS DUMB AZZ Timer. And everyone else, i would go explore if i hadnt explored all of alyria almost. So im begging to Admin take the time away. or at least modify it. I can do 5 quests in like 2 hours. what do i do with the other 4 hours? I could level but then im wasting exp norm when i could be getting quest exp. Anyways. I bid you all a good day.

Shadeair The Blood Thirsty Knight of Oracle.

#14 Melekai

Melekai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 07:44 AM

Please don't speak for me, you have no idea
how i feel about quests, limits, or timers. Your
post starts off as a i am holy then thou i shall
speak for the masses crap, and just makes
ppl want to tune out.

You don't like the limits? here's an idea ask
vass to go back to 3.2 questing - 20 refusals
7.5 min apart then 1 randomly generated
quest that might or might not have pracs for it,
random amount of qps and random xp, no
gold. Oh and you don't get to know ANY of the
numbers! So you have to do them all on the
hope of rewards.
Yay that's better i miss the old days of
questing for 4 hours striaght with 100's of
refusals just to get 12 pracs and 130 qps.

As for you knowing where everything is? good
for you but i never see the character that made
this post anywhere i am, so i'll assume your
an alt, that only wants to quest for the pracs,
your in sigil or tellerium and never leave the
continent, rant, rant, rant... but then i didn't
finish reading your rant so i suspect you won't
get to the bottom of mine.

--mele

#15 Cyko

Cyko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 08:09 AM

I dont see what everyones problem is. The quest system now is prob the best he has had. I remember when there was 80 ingame minutes between quests. Quest refusials were plentiful. Unlimited quests would be a bad thing. You wouldnt be the only one getting the unlimited quests, so would Knightototri or those other archons who are online days at a time. They would just lengthen the gap between serious questers and those who had attached monitor cables to there eye sockets. I think the quest system now is okay, and maybe more quests in the system would be better, but im happy now, and so are alot of other people.

Go outside whatever town you are in and kill small things so you can get betters.

Nuff said,
Cyko

#16 Squal

Squal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 08:17 AM

Well i agree that stupid timer sucks ass. There are people that need to get there skills up. Most archons already did that before the timer. So we got a mayer problem. why not do so you can do 20 a irl day.. not 5 every 6 hour. there are people that need questing because there char is bad.

So remove the timer or change it.

Squal

#17 Rado

Rado

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 08:28 AM

I agree! Replace the 5 quests every 6 rl hours by 10q every 12 hrs or even better, 20q every 24hrs.

RaDo

#18 Vlamcer

Vlamcer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 08:44 AM

I would suggest Vassago shut down the server for at least a week...

Then, if any one of you tried to log in at least 50 times a day, OBVIOUSLY THERES NO NEED TO BITCH BECAUSE YOU ARE STAYING HOOKED ANYWAY.

'reMoVe tHe DumB aZZ TimER' HAHAHAHA =D

=>Get a lifE<=

#19 Dragonfangs

Dragonfangs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 09:20 AM

I agree with scrooge, the Timer is fine. Really do your quest and go out a level some and quiet yo bitchin i'm tired of seeing the freakin board filled with complanits if you don't like the way its run then leave.
~Dragonfangs

#20 Rado

Rado

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 09:24 AM

This is a messageboard where players can make suggestions...

If someone makes one, he gets replies like 'leave if you don't like it...'

Doesn't seem to be an appropriate answer.

#21 Vlamcer

Vlamcer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 09:31 AM

Well was there any suggestion in the original post? NONE WHATSOEVER. It was just a complaint and a "I DONT LIKE THIS blahblah" and "I EXPECT THIS blahblah"

Anyway, bad thing is that the message board is around now for quite some time already and some discussions are constantly being repeated ...

I`m gonna start a NEW suggestion thread now!

=>Watch my suggestioN<=

#22 Guest_echthroi_*

Guest_echthroi_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2001 - 11:14 AM

The reason there are so many people complaining is that we are unhappy about the quest timer (duh). So shouldnt the Imms try to think of a way to make things more balanced? Im guessing they arent going to do anything, but all these people complaining non-stop shows that there needs to be some more balance for people to be happier with this game. Web all love the game, but i think that i might enjoy it more if we at least got a couple more quests before the 6 hours or a little bit shorter wait than 6 hrs. I mean we could at least give it a try, right? Or is that just stupid? Oh well.
-Your Fallen Angel-

#23 Guest_myrddraal_*

Guest_myrddraal_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2001 - 11:27 AM

Rado = smart

#24 Guest_echthroi_*

Guest_echthroi_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2001 - 11:28 AM

Word up

#25 Niax

Niax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Locationchampaign,il

Posted 06 November 2001 - 12:01 PM

I like the quest system the way it is. sure its a headache, but there are like 6 other quest masters in the game. if you are just humping one all the time of course you are gonna get rejected a lot. Do what a lot of us do and hump venspanki till he starts rejecting you then go and quest rigel or xaventry. theres nothing wrong wit htat and you won't get stuck doing the same boring quests every day. if i was on zmud at home i would be able to do all 5 of my quests in a couple hours. Being stuck in just Sigil with mudmaster2k i put up with Venspanki and his easy local quests, but realize that i will get rejected 10fold as much as i would in other places. most of these arguements are based on someone questing in one location. one quest master, and part of the reason for the quest limit, for the counter, ETC even is because Vassago is trying to encourage people to go out, explore try new qms find out new stuff. You can't do that by just questing in Sigil. Or Rune. The toughest part about going to a qm is learning the quests, but there are enough people in the game to help you out that are willing that it won't take you THAT long to figure out where to go and what to find. Just stop bitching and think though your thoughts, but most importantly try the other options first before jumping the gun and firing your shot, because really, unless its something not said before or something that Vassago has been thinking about, he is going to IGNORE you. or tell you that your idea is not worth looking into. such as my ranger post. :x

Niax Rhasu is P.O.

We are ALL Walking Dead.