Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

The way quests are now SUCKS!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#51 Miro

Miro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 08:28 PM

reading and questing at the same time dun like to work to well :)

#52 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2001 - 08:38 PM

ooOOoo aren't you so clever Miro - you can quest!!

I've been studying at Helmsleys School of Putdowns. Anyone impressed? No, thought not ;-)

#53 Miro

Miro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 08:54 PM

Yep see everyone recognizes i am sooo clever cuz i can quest :)

been studying at the school of retards i.e. my high school hahaha :)

#54 Guest_shukaka_*

Guest_shukaka_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2001 - 06:47 AM

Ya know has anyone here ever turned downed pretty much free labor? Cause that is what questing is. The experience you get from questing is the supposed knowledge you get from completeing the quest. The gold is the very little payment you get for actually doing the quest. The qp is a little reward from the quest master(if you do these 300 things for me I'll let you have one of my trinkets.) And the practices are the reason a charecter normally quests, you take this out and I personally have no reason to quest.
I have read that people dont want to put in umlimited questing because it would increase the gap from people with no life who are on 24/7 and just the casual player, but some of you also speak of trying to remove pracs from questing. If you do that your just gonna increase the gap cause some of us havent already gotten their skills super high and arent gonna be able to.

I could tolerate the 20 quests per rl day but come on why would the quest master tell you no? Is s/he running out of money to pay you for the quest? Heck no. Who would ever turn down almost close to free labor?

-Shukaka-

#55 Squal

Squal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 November 2001 - 06:53 AM

I dont want money or exp from quests ,just pracs/qp. So he wont run out of money.

Vote for the 20 quest a rl day :)

squal

#56 Guest_karak_*

Guest_karak_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2001 - 07:24 AM

i would like 20quest every rl day
It would enable me to get more sleep! Waking up every 6hrs is though...even for extra pracs!

KaraK

#57 Redraven

Redraven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 November 2001 - 08:02 AM

Interesting how the suggestion of the 20 / rl day, keeps coming up in thread after thread. Suggestion Vass. Maybe try it,if it doesnt work, or people are still botting, you could always go back to the 5/MM day. Any ways I have suggested before and will add my vote to the 20/rl day column.

#58 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 07 November 2001 - 01:11 PM

He turns you down because he doesn't have anything for you to do.

"I have no quests for you at this time, please try again blah blah blah..."

Next to free labor is great and all, but if you don't have any errands you need done it's kinda pointless. Why pay someone even just a little to go get you tp when you've got 18 packages of it already?

#59 Garcia

Garcia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 November 2001 - 01:21 PM

Heh .. I remember once upon a time.

quest complete

You have gained a practice point.

ct HOLY SHIZNAT I GOT A PRACTICE!!!!

[CLAN] TeX: '@#$#@$#$ YOU LUCKY SON OF A .... W00P!@!'
[CLAN] Ashwyn: 'I think I got a practice point yesterday....'

#60 Guest_shukaka_*

Guest_shukaka_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2001 - 02:40 PM

Well come on the next to free labor that I do is go look at stores and inns and stuff. How can you not just send someone out to do that? I can understand the more higher up quests where you have to kill stuff and such but come on, walking around town and occasionaly to Wroth?

#61 Mikee

Mikee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 07 November 2001 - 06:01 PM

I did not take the time to read the previous posts, so if what I post has been said, sue me.

The purpose of the five quests per day limit was made so that people would spend more time 'adventuring' and whatnot.

The said change results in the following: player goes to q master, gets denied, waits for timer, gets denied again. Basically, player spends 'adventure time' waiting for quests. Therefore, the purpose of the change is not satisfied.

If there were a) no timer and B) no denials, people could finish up their 5 quests and have quality adventure time.

Hopefully someone with influence considers this.

He who can't do a quality Deceit run between quests,
Mikee

#62 Helmsley

Helmsley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2830 posts

Posted 07 November 2001 - 08:40 PM

miro, just because alysa is a 4th class whore, she encourages a 50% increase in prac for 4th classers. 0 prac for 1st classers 90-95 % of the time? many people quest for both practices and qp. and why make rewards for quests so miserable for newbies?
the present system of questing definitely looks better than all the poo u suggest.

#63 Miro

Miro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 November 2001 - 08:47 PM

yeah i know nothing about quests, *whistles* and your referring to other people suggesting things right? cuz unless my memory has gone blank i dun think i've suggested anything beyond leave it alone. :)

#64 Krait

Krait

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 November 2001 - 02:10 PM

Why, *WHY* can't one of two things be done?

1) 20 quests per RL day, or

2) 5 quest limit every 6 hours *PER QUEST MASTER*?

If the argument for limits is one of roleplaying, then having every QM in the game know how many quests you've done at any given time is a joke.

If the argument for limits is one of moderating growth of players, either one of these suggestions would work. Because as it stands right now, some few manage to be able to do 3 batchs of quests (or more, Lord knows how...) while the majority of us can only do one batch.

I was away for a few months and held off complaining until I've done over 150 quests, but changes like quest limits and building in lag (LIKE THERE ISN"T ENOUGH LAG ALREADY, though God knows none of it is at the server end! *rolls eyes*) Changes made seem to be deliberately designed to irritate players! I'm sorry if you fail to convince me that by stacking 5 sneak commands was hogging all the bandwidth...

I see absolutely no difference in game play. If I can't quest, I log off. I've already hunted around in all of the areas that I need to. If we're going to talk about making things more realistic, let's do that! How many times could Columbus discover the New World!?!?! People go to new areas to discover new things. Most of us are in clans, therefore we do the realistic thing, WE TALK TO EACH OTHER! There isn't all that much point in every one of us going and finding out that MOB 'X' in CPK area 'Y' can kick my rear, if he has already slaughtered everyone of my clannies, for example!

And I have to respond to one post clear down at the beginning who mentioned limits being good because they didn't want Knightotri questing unlimited # of quests. You FARKING MORON! Do you think he's not questing the same limit you are now??? You're not catching up with the limit in place! *boggles at imbeciles*

#65 Snowwolfe

Snowwolfe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 November 2001 - 09:31 AM

Since the quest change I get more refusals. I won't sit at one place through 5 or more refusals, so I usually end up doing a quest from several qm's by the time I hit my limit(the few times that I do).

I don't really like the way the quest system is set up, but I've come to accept it, though I would like to see something done on the refusals. I find that I am having to choose between going on eq runs and questing. 1st classers hit the limit in 2 hours or less, hero/archon's are lucky to see the limit. Vass something's not right with that. It shouldn't be so you get more refusals the higher level you are, but that is the way it seems.

(btw, Melekai, when are you going to reply with something other then "Well sonny. . . I remember when. . . " It's begining to get a bit old. If that's all ya got to reply with, then why reply?)

#66 Guest_gundam_*

Guest_gundam_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2001 - 04:19 PM

umm, I only play for like 4 hours at a time, and i do see the message alot

#67 Guest_kineth_*

Guest_kineth_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2001 - 04:44 PM

as much as I dislike the limit, Krait's suggestion would eliminate vass's desire by implementing the quest limit.

1)If you could do 20 straight quests, you wouldn't be exploring. Just sitting the chamber waiting to get the quest then going back to the chamber and waiting. You wouldn't explore because you're be doing quests. 20 quests would take up at least 12 hours with the refusals and stuff. Now... 12 hours... hmmm imagine that, how many people are even on that long. If you're a second classer and up, the time would increase exponentially to like 18 hours to do all 20 quests. People sleep so... NO :P

2) Hmm ok how many questmasters are there... templeton, telleri, agrippa, vashir, undya, maldra and vendredi.... 7 x 5 = 35

35 Quests in 6 hours?!?@ now THAT'S non stop questing. <--- As much as I'd like that back, it's not in line with what was desired...

#68 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 12 November 2001 - 05:06 PM

I am pretty sure I have already explained in great detail my reasons, I don't see any reason to keep explaining them. Suffice to say that apparently very few of you have read the previous posts on the matter :P

Vassago

#69 Guest_jin_*

Guest_jin_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2001 - 06:11 PM

well, i just realized how questing affects your char, i only have about 45 quests under my belt, i only have a limited time to play...so, it help me and a lot of other ppl if you made the quest limit higher, i loved it in 3.2, even though the timer was a little long. i suggest that you make the quest limit a little longer, like 15 quests every 18 hours. i think it would be very appealing that way. you say you want to discourage ppl from being an infamous "QUEST WHORE", but this game is to have fun and make a good char that you like. you said in an earlier post i remember you said something like the players' input counts a lot towards what you do to the games changes, well, as everyone can see a lot of chars arent really happy with the questing system right now. thanks.
JiN, The Drunken Cavalier

#70 Keman

Keman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 12 November 2001 - 06:14 PM

see the thing about the limit is it is a good thing, although it's not common to hear me say it but it is, if u were always questing u'd never train ur skills higher than 75% and even with thousands of quests if ur skills haven't been done your still going to suck.

#71 Guest_zaphrifite_*

Guest_zaphrifite_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2001 - 12:16 PM

I agree with the first message, when i quest is asked for, a quest shoulde be given. This is why i don't quest, i can't get a friggin quest. So SCREW REAL LIFE, GIVE US OUR QUESTS AND GIVEM NOW!
|B-Z-

#72 Spliffstar

Spliffstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 November 2001 - 02:55 PM

The main reason why I quest is for practices to improve skills and stats. The limit is a small hassel at times, but screw I go out and do something. But I found that alot of times, I have to do 10-15 quests a day to get anything improved on any of my skills. I think that a raise in pr value of quests would be better then changing any limits. I don't think people would quest as much if they either got more prs per quest or had to spend less pr to increase skills and spells.

#73 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 16 November 2001 - 04:06 PM

Ok, can I point out, quest refusals are not some way the imms have of pissing you off or screwing you over. They happen because there are not enough quests for your level at that QM. The system will not send you out on a quest if someone else is doing that quest. This is good because if two people were trying to complete the same quest at once thenn they would be killing eachother's mobs and be getting very upset. The system will also not awar you the same quest twice in the same day, this is so you do not get to utterly bored. If you find yourself getting refused alot then go to a different QM where (a)there may be more overall quests for your level, (B) there may be less people at your level attempting to quest there and © you will not have done any of the quests for that QM earlier in the day assuming you have been sitting at some other QM spamming q request the whole morning.

#74 Guest_surchir_*

Guest_surchir_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2001 - 12:05 PM

it will give you the same quest in the same day, I have only seen it thought 4 quest apart.. Ie.. I got the same one intially as I did for my final fifth... Personally I think that check is just annoying some of the lower level quests are actually set up to be repeative, Ie: I don't mind being undya health inspector.

-Surchir

#75 Guest_shukaka_*

Guest_shukaka_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2001 - 12:18 PM

Ya know this supposed making you adventure is a bunch of junk in my opinion. Right now the only reason I am doing the quests is to up my skills and stats. Once I get this done I'll go explore, but until then once I am done questing I get off. So this 5 quest limit is just an annoyance.