Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Player run boating trips

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#1 Vorn

Vorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 April 2002 - 11:27 AM

I am trying to start a player run boating tour/trip business so that it could help first classers or any ppl without boats, or ppl who want have a more fun time sailing can, also to try and make it more quicker that the merdraco so ppl can get around quicker. I plan to start off small maybe with a steam ship so the journeys would be quicker, and could take more ppl. then i plan to get more ships as the business get bigger, and get other ppl to captain these boats to make the service 24/7. If you have any further suggestions on this topic or any ideas how i can raise the funds to start this pls post them they would be a great help :)

#2 Kankot

Kankot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 April 2002 - 11:46 AM

cool, that is a very good idea!

#3 Aegis

Aegis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 April 2002 - 02:23 PM

But there are a whole lot of people who already do this for people, even free of charge (not like we refuse donations though :P) Shirer, Oolong, Taarna, Byrn, Bilis and I all have ships on at least one of our alts, and we are always happy to give a lift somewhere, people need only ask. I think Jadefox tried starting one of these things up too. If you see us on and need a lift, just send a tell.

#4 Aegis

Aegis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 April 2002 - 02:26 PM

P.S.
Like many people who play I am a huge loser and i am on 24/7. At least one of us is probably going to be on.

#5 Vorn

Vorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 April 2002 - 02:34 PM

In reply to aegis, any of you thinking or doing trips like this get it touch with me id like all ideas :) they would be well recieved, i dont want to charge ppl for this, ive just got to see how it turns out, if we all got together we could make something good of this, the only problem is getting funds and maintaining it to get it to work. :)

#6 Jadefox

Jadefox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 April 2002 - 09:48 PM

You could just get a list of people who have boats and are willing to do this, like the guide service. It could be free or not. I dont really care, but if there was a way to post peoples names who have ships and can toggle on a flag if they are willing to ship them that would be cool. I always liked the idea that there would be a big meritime aspect in alyria. We need more buccaneers and sea lasses and such. Having just one place for pirates to congregate seems a little unfair doesnt it? This list of players with ships could also be a good way to boost this trade system that hasent been imped yet, and it could get a little bit dangerous and exciting when there is a risk of being sacced while sailing. Also, more ships would be cool. Okay thats all i have to say.

#7 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 06 April 2002 - 10:32 PM

I'm assuming you're reffering to pirates cove as the one place to congregate. Sigil is also a heavy seafaring town. Templeton, Tellerium and Rune are also bustling port cities. In addition there's many less known Sea related landmarks such as the Decara docks and Atlantis. Plenty of places to host some good underhanded pirate activity!

#8 Jadefox

Jadefox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 April 2002 - 03:46 AM

Yes I understand we have those major ports, but none of them are truly bustling with nepharious crooks and such. Sigil is famous for people being mean on the yell channel. Tellerium is famous for its relatively easy first class quests and annoying no-magic obalisques. Rune has the worm, 'nuff said even though it has many other big points and is oft busy. Now that i think of it Rigel and Xav have easy quests also but they also have thieves and druids. I was going to say that PC isnt famous for the pirates so much as the Krakens but now that ive put just a little bit of thought into it I see Im wrong. Also having Maldras nearby makes it a hot-spot for people wanting to hurt some weaker people without having to go to the moat.There really is no point I have because scrooge proved me wrong, kinda. Still having put up with my keyboard writing this whole message im going to post it anyway. Also, I still think it would be nice to have more oceanic activity and like so many people im looking forward to the ship-to-ship battle system and the trade routes. I can still say it would be neat to have another sea towne reflecting the other aspects of ship life. Like angry cannibals and hot islanders and bars that serve you drinks in buddhas and coconuts and play steel drums and arcane volleyball. Does anyone in Alyria surf? Maybe I havent done enough exploring yet to actually say something constructive. Im tired give me a break... Night nite...

#9 Jadefox

Jadefox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 April 2002 - 04:40 PM

We also need a seamonster terrorizing people in Oceanus Ingenii. Thank you.

#10 Jibba

Jibba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1762 posts

Posted 07 April 2002 - 04:45 PM

#11 Yagami

Yagami

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 07 April 2002 - 04:48 PM

I like the sea monster idea. It could just attack people that are walking until ship-to-ship combat is implemented.

Yagami

#12 Jadefox

Jadefox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 April 2002 - 04:55 PM

|GThe ocean starts to bubble and swirl in front of you. Oh no! It must be the dreaded not-so illusive Leviafrit. You had better make a run for it...
|RYou hear a morbid gurgling scream as another sea-farer falls victim to the Sea Beast.

#13 Zhamadarel

Zhamadarel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1548 posts

Posted 07 April 2002 - 04:56 PM

That's so cool, I'm actually in favor of it, even though I walk the sea a lot. :-) That's so very cool!

#14 Jadefox

Jadefox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 April 2002 - 05:02 PM

I dont know. You would think we already have one actually. Can any imms verify the existance of the Loch Krimm Monster? I think Ganuk Jr showed me a photo once, but seeing as how its all in text i couldnt quite make out Krimmy.

#15 Guest_koris_*

Guest_koris_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2002 - 05:04 PM

it is leviathan, you illiterate mm addict.

#16 Jadefox

Jadefox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 April 2002 - 05:08 PM

It was a stupid play of words that made sense in my mind alone. Sea Monster in the Ingenii Ocean. Leviathan + Ifrit = whatever I jabberwockied it into. Excuse the poor spelling.

#17 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2002 - 05:13 PM

If you'd found the true relevence of Krimm, you might understand, rather than making silly comments...

#18 Jadefox

Jadefox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 April 2002 - 05:20 PM

Lol

#19 Jadefox

Jadefox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 April 2002 - 05:33 PM

Yes what is the true relevance of Krimm?

#20 Aegis

Aegis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 03:20 PM

Krimm is just a lark.

#21 Jadefox

Jadefox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 03:39 PM

No its a lake. A lake in the ocean. A one room lake in the ocean. What does it all mean?

#22 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2002 - 06:44 AM

It is {not} a one room lake. It is far, far, far larger than that.

He who seeketh Krimm, shall receive true enlightenment. And possibly the password to the secret cow level, or have I got that bit confused with something else?

#23 Teriklar

Teriklar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 09 April 2002 - 07:41 AM

I found a three room "Krimm Lake" on the northeast corner of Ayara Lake last night, over near the New Rigel side.

#24 Jadefox

Jadefox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 April 2002 - 10:33 AM

Now Im confused. Krimm Lake isnt that thing at 0, 1498 on the world grid?

#25 Steveon

Steveon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 April 2002 - 01:27 PM

Well i propose to explore krimm like to see really how big it is, I know that krimm like is at the corners of the map, but how big i can not say, so we sould go down there and see how big it is.

steveon