Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Player run boating trips

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#26 Jadefox

Jadefox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 April 2002 - 01:31 PM

There is nothing at the corner of the map is there? Is this some kind of way to lure people out there for no reason? I mean I couldn't see anything up at the edge of the world.

#27 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2002 - 05:25 PM

Come on people, investigate!

It's there for everyone to see! :-)

#28 Jadefox

Jadefox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 April 2002 - 07:10 PM

We still need a seamonster, don't you think?

#29 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 06:49 AM

sea monsters sound fun =)
oh,what is the point of the malestorm,i have stood ontop of it without levitate and stuff and couldn't sink =.( does it do anything other than look pretty? =)
hmm...i never tried enter,though i dont know how to enter if ye can.

#30 Darkslayer

Darkslayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 10:34 AM

If you enter the center of the storm in a boat you can travel between the normal and underground planes and back.

Darkslayer

#31 Jadefox

Jadefox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 10:42 AM

25 damage to ships also, not fun. Dont take a skiff through maelstrom.

#32 Steveon

Steveon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 06:51 PM

you can take skiff in the eye of the storm just remimber to repair at the dock under ground. You would be a dumbass, if you did not repair your ship, before going up if you ship can not take it.

steveon

#33 Vorn

Vorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 05:05 PM

Hmm, i think this went a little off topic, but anyway, i have more ideas on this and have begun planning routes for this service. However i have several problems with this matter:
1) Getting the boats to start up.
2) Finding other ppl to captain the boats, i know there are a few of you willing to do this, but for it to work there really has to be someone on all the time.
3) Money, any captains would more than likely want to be paid, rewarded for this service, which more than likely means i'd have to charge the passengers for this service, that is something i dont want to do, i am serious about this, and i feel to make this work it would have to totally out do the Merdraco for instance, and make ppl want to use it.
4) Advertising, this is also a big problem as i think that the majority of ppl that would want to use this service dont read the msg boards.

At the moment i am planning the routes for this service, if any of you would like to help, either invest in this or be a captain pls get in touch with me in mm. I will keep you all informed on how this is coming on when any new developments come through.

Any advice or suggestions you have pls keep posting them, it helps.
Thx,
Vorn

Also, i think the sea monster would be a cool idea, could even add more of a fun element to this service :)

#34 Salanth

Salanth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1329 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 03:06 PM

Does the reinforced-wood help against maelstrom damage on a sailing ship?

#35 Vorn

Vorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 April 2002 - 11:14 AM

A skiff can easily be taken underground, just as long as it is upgraded and you repair it for the journey back!

#36 Jadefox

Jadefox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 14 April 2002 - 01:19 PM

Yeah, but if the seamonster gets you when your damage is down.... ROAR! As soon as I get more gold Ill offer my services. The Alyrian Player Run Shipping Service also reserves the right to plank annoying people. This is a lot more fun than refusing service. Its also sounds fun to plank someone underground if they are extremely annoying. I think you are going to need a set of rules for this thingy. The people we are transporting need a code of conduct to follow. Another thing, when Shirer and I tried doing this earlier nobody was very nice about it. Whenever we yelled into a towne if anyone wanted to go somewhere by ship we usually got "Zark off!" Im thinking not many people are going to support this.

#37 Vorn

Vorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 April 2002 - 05:50 PM

Ye, im setting rules up for it, Jadefox, id like to take to you in mm about this sometime, you imput your be of great use. I have also tried the yelling in towns for lifts, generally it dont work thats why i have to find the right way to advertise this, its going to be difficult to start with but once it takes off i dont think finding passengers would be a problem.

#38 Vorn

Vorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 April 2002 - 05:59 PM

ok,
Im looking for donations from any1 so i can start this up, speak to me in mm for more details in full.
thx,
Vorn

#39 Vorn

Vorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 April 2002 - 06:25 PM

Im also looking for captains, if you r interested contact me in mm.

#40 Vorn

Vorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 April 2002 - 07:02 PM

Currently: Working on the web site, looking for donators and captains.

Atm: I have done a price plan and sorted out the towns this service will cover, as well as other work on the site.

Pls: Get in contact with me in mm if you want to donate, become a captain or have any suggestions, i will explain it in alot more detail to you then.

Thx,
Vorn

#41 Snowleaf

Snowleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 April 2002 - 02:40 AM

I'll start a rival company. Snowleaf's Speedwalk Service..we'll speedwalk you anywhere. :lol:

Just kidding.

#42 Guest_elrohir_*

Guest_elrohir_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2002 - 12:19 AM

1.) There are four areas with pirates that I know of (haven't been to Atlantis): PC, Sigil (good leveling for 15-25), the Magenica, and Arcane (but, not having explored much because of the sucky exp, I only know about the undead ones).

2.) Arcane is screwey. You go to an island and enter an area to leave the island, cross a sea, and go to another island. You should split up the arcane area and scatter them through the island.

3.) One suggestion I made was to turn Baron Rothschild into a questmast chock full 'o salty quests....but no one wants to offer me donation dollars to do it.

#43 Jadefox

Jadefox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 April 2002 - 09:42 AM

Aye, thats a fine idea. We also need a zarking seabeast.