Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

questing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2002 - 06:33 PM

I know the '3.2 was easier' rhetoric sweet. You don't need to repeat it.

Care to tell me about level up bonuses, questing, and practices in the 'easy' 3.2?

#27 Ryechaser

Ryechaser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2861 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 12:53 AM

3.2 characters, now have lower max stats than newer characters as well.

#28 Quiet

Quiet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 02:01 AM

actually, it still took 25 betters to go from the highest practicable point to master. and questing sucked ass. and yes, most 3.2 players have lower max stats than 4.0 players. tried playing a 3.2 halfling recently? i didn't think so.

#29 Antrel

Antrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 03:22 PM

People, alright...practicing was easier. Admit it. I know that MANY people got screwed when 4.0 came about and developed, profiencies were messed with, race atts were changed, a bunch of poo happened. And people mostly either left the game in all, made new characters, or stuck with their own. Practicing was easier, that's all I'm saying. I'm not saying 3.2 was easier at all.

But the good thing for the people who made new characters was that a) quests were way easier and you didn't have to wait a super long time for a new quest. B) you were guaranteed practices with every quest you got. c) There was no quest limit.

#30 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 04:56 PM

And people mostly either left the game in all, made new characters, or stuck with their own.

Astounding feats of deduction abound.

#31 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2002 - 05:24 PM

I'm not saying 3.2 was easier at all.

But the good thing for the people who made new characters was that a) quests were way easier and you didn't have to wait a super long time for a new quest. B) you were guaranteed practices with every quest you got. c) There was no quest limit.

In conclusion. 3.2 was harder :P

Which if you ignore popular opinion, it was :P

I can't help but notice you dodged all my valid questions :roll:

#32 Antrel

Antrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 06:03 PM

First off, yes I was a moron :( that was very clever deduction on my part.

Second, Alysa, you seem to enjoy proving your own point in a seperate arguement. This confuses people and leads them to believe they've been beat when, in fact, you've just introduced an arguement that's much like the main arguement.

I had said that 3.2 was easier with practicing, so what do you do? Go around saying 3.2 as a whole was harder. Hey, Alysa, I did not say 3.2 was easier, I said the practicing was easier. You like quoting people; quote me any time when I said it was easier as a whole. This is not saying you can't win an arguement; I've seen it several times.

Want me to answer your questions? Start your own post asking them, then I will no problem. I don't condone going way off subject. You built your own subject from this one, starting a 3.2 vs. 4.0 as whole versions.

Trying to prove your own point far from the subject is rude. Especially when you're trying to give a bad image to someone who has proven his own valid point seperate from your liking. Practicing was easier.

#33 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2002 - 07:54 PM

I'm out of context am I? I'll play along.

The quest limit sucks, simply put. Everyone hates it except the archon outlaws who get nothing from cpk because more and more people were getting ST's and Trunks. "Waaah, I can't web these newbs in CPK, and when I do and kill them, I get nothing." Also, most 3.2 chars simply HATE the idea of some people getting it as easy as they did when it came to practicing.

Thats the paragraph we've BOTH linked from. Thats where I'm gathering your anti-3.2 bull, and it's the same place you're trying to defend it.

Yes, I agree. Your exact terminology involved 'when it came to practicing'. HOWEVER that was your CONCLUDING COMMENTARY on old-school players not wanting people to quest more. You were blatantly following a '3.2 characters don't want us to quest' argument. Ergo a '3.2 characters had it easy' argument.

If your last sentence stood ALONE I wouldn't have had a case. My argument against your bitterness stands with or without that remark.

Point of fact: No, I don't bother giving in depth commentary about stupid/misleading/hypocritical/bullpoo posts. Yes, I tend to focus on a single quote and counter-argument.

If a point is flawed I will highlight the BIGGEST ERROR. People get bored enough just listening to the one flaw/stupid thread I focus on already. Nobody wants me to do 5 or 6 :P

I don't EVER make false arguments. If I'm arguing something, I have a valid point and/or opinion. I'm not always right, but {I} don't bullpoo the masses.

Don't you EVER dare make dumb ass accusations like that again. You didn't know what you were talking about, I did.

Quad erat demonstrandum.

Alysa.
Bitch.

#34 Antrel

Antrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 08:27 PM

Alysa, Alright. I think you're thinking I'm claiming all you 3.2 characters to support the quest limit, acting as though I have a prejudice in that sense. IF that is the case, I will take back my 'most 3.2 characters' to 'a good number of 3.2 characters'. I did not intend that comment to attack all the 3.2 characters out there.

Also, I did not claim your arguements to be false. You did misinterpret me, no matter what you say. I made the comment, I know what the interpretation was meant to be. You turned my comment into something it wasn't. I am not argueing against you that 3.2 was harder overall. You have proven your point in that, and I do agree with you.

Once again, if you interpretted it into a prejudice against 3.2 people, my apologies. It was, once again, not my intention.

I, personally, don't like it when people shift a thread. People post for a reason, and when the idea or problem is discussed fully, I think it should be the end of that, and not bring about other arguements within the same thread. But then again, you could argue this is a discussion board.

Alysa, you come up with great points when you stay on-topic. And I do realize this is one that has come up a lot and that's been discussed a lot; and I know you're not stranger to it. However, others still are very upset by this quest limit and wish to still discuss it. If you don't feel like commenting on the quest limit, I'd respect it if you stuck with newer posts and stay with the topic of them. However, you do have the right to do this, with it being a discussion board, just as I have the right to be upset with it.

Antrel.
Bitched about.

#35 Yagami

Yagami

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 08:36 PM

Just one minor thing. An interpretation is someone's personal view. You can't say, "This is how I wanted you to read it." If someone misinterprets you, it is your fault. You have to try and word your statements so there is only one sensible way to read it.

Yagami

#36 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 08:47 PM

back before the limit was impped, wasnt their a longer wait between quests? been a while since then so i forget.

Personally i like the limit. Before it was impped i never quested because it took so long to get a quest, and i would always get denied, even in the 1st class.

Some people will go out and explore because the limit, some people will go out and level, Some people will go on massive kill sprees. However, others will log out, create an alt, and quest them, or idle. Some good effects, some bad effects.

#37 Antrel

Antrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 08:49 PM

This is why I took the time to make things clearer, Yagami. I said most, not all, hoping not to have it interpretted into a non-prejudice comment. I'm not denying fault. If it is my fault, that was my attempt to correct.

#38 Guest_kineth_*

Guest_kineth_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2002 - 09:37 PM

back before the limit was impped, wasnt their a longer wait between quests? been a while since then so i forget.

Yeah. That wait between quests was 20 real minutes.

#39 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2002 - 09:38 PM

Alysa, you come up with great points when you stay on-topic.

I come up with great points anyway, I can't help it, it's genetic or something :D

Apology accepted Antrel.

I'm curious about your perception of 'on-topic'. I always consider it being the debate at hand, including all discussion and conclusions reached up to the most recent post. I find nothing more disheartening than a post that begins 'I haven't read any of the replies but I think'

PS: Solus - yes.
PPS: A lot of people don't like the quest limit. A lot of people don't like paying taxes. It doesn't mean the taxes aren't there for a reason.

#40 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2002 - 09:42 PM

I'd also point out this thread had been dead for a couple of months before Terror revived it with his contradictory theory. (old globals were more rp, so new globals should remove the quest limit - which would be less rp).

Good night.
'lys

#41 Guest_kineth_*

Guest_kineth_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2002 - 09:43 PM

except in texas, we have ridiculously high sales tax because some geniuses in the capitol don't realize that we'd generate more money through a state income tax.

... DIE politicians DIE.

#42 Dalamar

Dalamar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 12:08 AM

Ahh, Alysa. I only mentioned old globals because i found them more benficial. And since id love to see a 3 day period without the quest limit, I through out the idea of a global without the limit. The RP doesnt matter to me, RPing basically dies as you become less and less of a newb.

T

#43 Ryechaser

Ryechaser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2861 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 12:33 AM

This was a long dead topic before someone started a fight. Someone should just delete it...

#44 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2002 - 06:21 AM

RPing basically dies as you become less and less of a newb.

I'd argue the opposite is true. Of course, to understand that, you'd need to understand rp. Speaking in thee's and thou's.. and setting triggers to bow every time you walk into a QM, is {not} rp :P

#45 Sotano

Sotano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 01:28 PM

Vassago, so...if people wrote significant numbers of good quests to augment the current quests, you might consider increasing the 5 per day limit?

Sotano

#46 Terror

Terror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 03:02 PM

Well Alysa, thats not what i meant. I dont have any of that, its just fill in the crack crap. I mean how when you're a newbie, (or at least when i was), everything was new, everything was amazing, and you even could picture things in your head. Sometimes you'd even read the entire room description. When i was a newb, i got transported to the runic temple, and was immediately shocked by the goings on. the donation room and the rifts, i could envision that in my head. quickly grabbing everything, id wear it all, compare stats with it, and something else, till i found the very best. this prolly being standard gear. Regardless, even once you get to verity the first time, the isle is a quest that you actually almost role play, because its exciting to a new player. I've seen newbs have conversations(or try to) with NPCs, and wait for a response. Thats the sort of role playing i mean. My first global quest, i could picture the mobs in the Rune castle and understood(as a newb) that these things had to be done away with, lest they harm us. And because i thought it actually made a difference, i kept at it. dying repeatedly, and yelling for repops, but i still went at it, and it was more beneficial. Thats what i meant in my initial post. *slaps self, goes to find newbs to slay*

T

#47 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2002 - 03:51 PM

I still have conversations with mobs :D

They're actually far nicer to talk to than many players :wink:

#48 Shelle

Shelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 09:48 AM

I spend 20min reading all these debates on the board, and WoW all arguments presented are valuable. :lol: However one point isn't brough up. I don't think that there is a problem with a system I think there is a problem with players. Actually with their greed and need for power. Example. In 3.2 there were 2archons now there are 61. Hmmm.. Way more getting killed. So, 1st players start out by getting a trunk it's a defense and insurance of not getting robbed all the time. But when they begin questing this greed comes over. Need more pp need more stuff need power to kill others. If I don't like something kill it =) whee!! problem gone. I beleive if players were nicer to others there wouldn't be a need to quest so much.

#49 Molotov

Molotov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 03:22 PM

well i dont have any high lvl char, nor do i post often (take w/ a grain of salt), but i have done some questing, and why not try this:

people dont like the quest limit, fine. how about getting quests that you couldnt actaully do 5 on in 6 hours? or make a quest take an hour. this would get rid of some of thw whoring, and would make people explore. to compliment this, if you got a quest like this, make it so if you die, you dont lose the quest. for example, here could be a 1st class rune quest:

get scorpion shield in desert thorne
vist the tower of art
take a decent horse to xav and leave it there
visit acron
relax in night lights brothel
deliver a letter to lord telli
ride the medraco to rune
recover a kobald ring
put a depressive frog out of its misery

how long would this take if it had to be done in order?
then make this like a 8 prac thing...

am i just a stupid newb?

#50 Tyben

Tyben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5308 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 07:55 PM

And then no one would do the quest..