Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

tellerium quest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#26 Moragar

Moragar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 03:19 PM

So, this still isn't possible, right? I'm getting the quest but if the drinks aren't available... :D

#27 Weeble

Weeble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 03:37 PM

Of course its possible, its just not easy :P

#28 Moragar

Moragar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 04:23 PM

Ok, re-define "possible" as not leaving Avros when you don't already have spiced and plum wine on hand. ;)

#29 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2002 - 06:58 PM

So, redefine possible to mean... hmm... the current definition of... what's the word? 3 syllables, begins with P - I {should} be able to place it :roll:

#30 Moragar

Moragar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 08:54 PM

I don't think you're helping anything. :P :wink:

#31 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2002 - 09:47 PM

Should one suppose that complaining about something that works correctly is more helpful?

#32 Moragar

Moragar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:18 PM

How many people do you suppose go off to New Rigel et al to complete this quest?

#33 Eletana

Eletana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 05:18 AM

This quest has worked just fine for me ever since I received it the SECOND time. (I learned to keep the wine onhand) The Inn room at the Mighty fortress always worked. It's just that you had to open up, go up, and come back down for it to register, but I guess that's asking too much? I don't know, it worked for me.

On the other hand, I DO think it's silly that a quest from Tellerium which first classers can receive that ONLY mentions Templeton and Telle in the description requires wine from elsewhere. I have learned to just carry 3 of each (plum and spiced) I usually pick them up in New Rigel for when I get this quest.

BUT, if you go to write a donation dollar quest, it specifically states you must put in your description what areas are required to travel to in order to complete the quest. So yeah, I think those 2 wines should be removed, or the description changed to include the other valid places to get the wine, so that people not reading this board who get this quest later have some clue where to look.

~tAnA~

#34 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 01:26 PM

Just for note, the reason the descriptions of some quests may not match exactly, is because the imms change some of the phases at times.

#35 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 03:12 PM

BUT, if you go to write a donation dollar quest, it specifically states you must put in your description what areas are required to travel to in order to complete the quest.

Where does it say that?

#36 Cyrell

Cyrell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3532 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 03:28 PM

Remember, Alyria is round - no, it's not a doughnut, let's not argue about this [k]. :P

If you need something from Xaventry and you're in Tellerium, head due East across the ocean, and when you get to the West Road go North. If you walk, it'll take forever. If you have a quest rug or a broom, then you'll do it in no time. Use a horse if walking is your only option, get it levitated and order it to walk/gallop/run east. (Don't recommend run, you'll still have time and the mount won't die.) You can chat, eat, drink, do anything you want while the horse is going. Trust me, I've done this one countless times.

Don't let your horse starve or dehydrate! :wink:

#37 Guest_kineth_*

Guest_kineth_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2002 - 03:32 PM

It's a doughnut. Sorry if you don't want to acknowledge it.

#38 Katran

Katran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1495 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 03:37 PM

*glomp Cyrell* 'tiz a donut, you silly rabbit. ^_^

:(

#39 Weeble

Weeble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 05:39 PM

According to Darkstar and Vassago,it is a donut type shape. Of course I was very drunk when discussing this so perhaps they really said something else like "the bird was displayed like a doorknob" and i heard "the world is shaped like a donut" anyways, it's definitely not round :).

#40 Katran

Katran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1495 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 05:43 PM

silly Weebz. ;)

:(

#41 Ivan

Ivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 05:49 PM

Or just buy a few of those wines while in those towns and save them for that quest... it's not that hard to do. That's what I do with leather trousers in the "Shopping spree" quest in New Rigel.

---
forever naive, and proud of it!

#42 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2002 - 07:16 PM

mmMMmm cinnamon coated!!! :D

#43 Eletana

Eletana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 11:46 PM

Scrooge:
http://www.materiama...re/dd/index.php

under Automated Quests

'Quest submissions must include the following information per quest:

Area(s) in which the quest occurs (e.g., Winterborn Mansion and Rune, etc.) '

Which means, if people need to go outside temp/telle for this quest to get the wine, i have no problem with that, but it should be changed in the description.

~tAnA~

#44 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 01:00 AM

They want you to send that in in the quest so they know where to look for the things when they're building it. You don't have to include them in the description.

#45 Moragar

Moragar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 10:54 PM

So as to not start another topic, does anyone know if the religious fanatics in Templeton have Staves of Life anymore? I never find them and I've reduced their population quite a bit. ;) It's needed for a Telly quest.

#46 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 11:26 PM

It only pops on one of them.

#47 Eletana

Eletana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 11:22 AM

fanatics in temp do still have staves of life. I find there's ONE staff per repop on all the fanatics. So it's a matter of finding the one with the staff before someone else when the repop hits I guess. They used to be more frequent if I remember right.

~tAnA~

#48 Syphon

Syphon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 December 2002 - 11:44 AM

last time i checked you could get all 3 wines at the laughing prickear