Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Web Page Contest 2003

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#76 Snowleaf

Snowleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 02:06 AM

In case anyone cares. I pruned a bunch of the off topic crap from this thread in the event that someone might actually want to read this thread for info about the website contest and wouldn't be burdened reading a number of name calling posts.

#77 Guest_zarath_*

Guest_zarath_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2003 - 10:44 PM

Heh, September, so lets go on the assumption that the website contest was announced tomorrow. That would take us until the start of October to get our entries in (given a month, I forget what he gave last year). Then a month to draw it, now into November. This thing is running out of time to happen... So I think I'll just continue under the assumption we all got screwed around and there isn't going to be one. So sad. :(

Zarath

#78 Guest_skitari_*

Guest_skitari_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2003 - 04:27 PM

Well I am going to just work on my website slowly then and not rush into anything. Maybe next year we'll have one.

#79 Rathas

Rathas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 09:02 AM

heres a suggestion, give out QPs Gold and Trophys to the runner ups differnt amount for 4th 3rd 2nd, first place would get donation dollars pluse the QPs and Gold pluse a really big trophy. Hell i would even donate 50 dollars of my own money to see a good fair contest like this to the first place prize.

#80 Zoomy

Zoomy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 10:20 AM

I would just like to know if there is going to be one or if it is just going to be completely cancelled.

#81 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2003 - 10:42 AM

Outlook not good.

#82 Guest_twizzler_*

Guest_twizzler_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2003 - 11:33 AM

if i were Vassago i wouldn't even have a website contest it's late in the year already save it all for the new start of 2004. i do think that there should be more globals tho :)

#83 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 11:36 AM

I liked last years. That 50 dd came in mighty handy. Real life prizes are nice but I don't think necessary.

The only suggestion I have is nothing at all to do with prizes but rather a couple additional categories. Such as character sites that include information shouldn't be against character sites that are purely rp. Also, I still would like to see individual informational sites broken down. There's at least 3 or 4 newbie-related informational sites. Our target user is slightly different from AO or PKZone so it's difficult to compete in the same category.

Just a suggestion, of course. Take it for what it's worth :)

#84 Zoomy

Zoomy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 10:25 AM

I think that the prizes should just be a quest item of your choice and an orb or something. Everyone would be happy with that and then vass would just have to make time to judge. For clan sites a free upgrade. I doubt anyone will be unhappy with ingame rewards, we do not need rl things besides it is a game.

#85 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 11:06 AM

There's no reason to take away the donation item, quest item, gold and orbs of last year. I don't know why you would. It's the rl prizes that seem to be the fly in the ointment. Truthfully, if we are gonna get real life prizes then I would rather it be Materia Magica related. Like a choice of MM gear. *cough* mm logo teddy bear *cough*

#86 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 12:21 PM

The problem with adding additional categories is that a) many sites cross categories, and B) I'd have to reduce the amount of prizes across all categories in order to support new ones. I'm already giving out a LOT. I also added the "best of category" awards last year, which were an addition to try to give more awards for sites instead of just the top two category winners.

The main issue right now is one of time; i.e., I need a bit more.

#87 Janizar

Janizar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 12:34 PM

Teddy Bear?

#88 Extemper

Extemper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4096 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 12:34 PM

I agree with categories and prizes. They are fine. If you make more categories you are just making a category for every site. Of course there is no site like Cleo's but that doesn't mean there should be a category.

As for time I really wish players could help out in someway or another. Player based rewards have already been said.

Vas you think you will be able to do it this year or will it go into next year?

#89 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 12:36 PM

I'm still planning on doing it this year.

#90 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 02:05 PM

Ok, that's cool. Although, my own category would've been nice :wink: *snap* Now, back to the more important issue...that teddy bear :mrgreen:

#91 Guest_skitari_*

Guest_skitari_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2003 - 07:25 PM

I am kind of confused on which category I'd want to compete in....I guess i'd go for rp site.

#92 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2003 - 08:46 PM

Individual Player Site. Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh.